Use valid Public IP DNS labels#
Public IP domain name labels should meet naming requirements.
When configuring Azure Public IP addresses domain name labels must meet naming requirements. The requirements for Public IP domain name labels are:
- Between 3 and 63 characters long.
- Lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Start with a letter.
- End a letter or number.
- Domain name labels must be globally unique within a region.
Consider using domain name labels that meet Public IP naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Public IP domain name labels are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference