Use valid nested deployments names#
Nested deployments should meet naming requirements of deployments.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Azure deployments names are:
- Between 1 and 64 characters long.
- Alphanumerics, underscores, parentheses, hyphens, and periods.
Consider using nested deployment names thas meets naming requirements of deployments. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if nested deployment names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions deployments resource
- Using linked and nested templates when deploying Azure resources
- Template reference