Use valid Key Vault names#
Key Vault names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Key Vault names are:
- Between 3 and 24 characters long.
- Alphanumerics and hyphens (dash).
- Start with a letter.
- End with a letter or digit.
- Can not contain consecutive hyphens.
- Key Vault names must be globally unique.
Consider using names that meet Key Vault naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Key Vault names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference
- Tagging and resource naming