Use valid Private Endpoint names#
Operational Excellence · Private Endpoint · 2021_12
Private Endpoint names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Private Endpoint names are:
- Between 2 and 64 characters long.
- Alphanumerics, underscores, periods, and hyphens.
- Start with alphanumeric.
- End alphanumeric or underscore.
- Private Endpoint names must be unique within a resource group.
Consider using names that meet Private Endpoint naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Private Endpoint names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types
Last update: 2022-12-03