Use valid Application Insights resource names#
Operational Excellence · Application Insights · 2021_06
Azure Application Insights resources names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Application Insights resource names are:
- Between 1 and 255 characters long.
- Letters, numbers, hyphens, periods, underscores, and parenthesis.
- Must not end in a period.
- Resource names must be unique within a resource group.
Consider using names that meet Application Insights resource naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Application Insights resource names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Define your naming convention
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types
- Azure deployment reference
Last update: 2022-12-03