Use valid Load Balancer names#
Load Balancer names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Load Balancer names are:
- Between 1 and 80 characters long.
- Alphanumerics, underscores, periods, and hyphens.
- Start with alphanumeric.
- End alphanumeric or underscore.
- Load Balancer names must be unique within a resource group.
Consider using names that meet Load Balancer naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Load Balancer names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types