Use valid database names#
Azure Database for MariaDB databases should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Azure Database for MariaDB database names are:
- Between 1 and 63 characters long.
- Alphanumerics and hyphens.
Consider using names that meet Azure Database for MariaDB database naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Azure Database for MariaDB database names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions Azure Database for MariaDB resources
- Define your naming convention
- Resource naming and tagging decision guide
- Abbreviation examples for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference