Use valid Key Vault Secret names#
Key Vault Secret names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Key Vault Secret names are:
- Between 1 and 127 characters long.
- Alphanumerics and hyphens (dash).
- Secrets must be unique within a Key Vault.
Consider using secret names that meet Key Vault naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Secret names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure template reference
- Tagging and resource naming