Use valid NSG names#
Network Security Group (NSG) names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for NSG names are:
- Between 1 and 80 characters long.
- Alphanumerics, underscores, periods, and hyphens.
- Start with alphanumeric.
- End alphanumeric or underscore.
- NSG names must be unique within a resource group.
Consider using names that meet Network Security Group naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention. If creating resources using CI/CD pipelines consider programmatically Generating Cloud Resource Names using PowerShell or Bicep
This rule does not check if NSG names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types