Geo-replicate container images#
Use geo-replicated container registries to compliment a multi-region container deployments.
A container registry is stored and maintained by default in a single region. Optionally geo-replication to one or more additional regions can be enabled.
Geo-replicating container registries provides the following benefits:
- Single registry/ image/ tag names can be used across multiple regions.
- Network-close registry access within the region reduces latency.
- As images are pulled from a local replicated registry, each pull does not incur additional egress costs.
Consider using a geo-replicated container registry for multi-region deployments.
This rule applies when analyzing resources deployed to Azure.
- Geo-replicate multi-region deployments
- Geo-replication in Azure Container Registry
- Tutorial: Prepare a geo-replicated Azure container registry