Use valid Cosmos DB account names#
Cosmos DB account names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Cosmos DB account names are:
- Between 3 and 44 characters long.
- Lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Start and end with letters and numbers.
- Cosmos DB account names must be globally unique.
Consider using names that meet Cosmos DB account naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Cosmos DB account names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure deployment reference
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types