Use valid Managed Identity names#
Managed Identity names should meet naming requirements.
When naming Azure resources, resource names must meet service requirements. The requirements for Managed Identity names are:
- Between 3 and 128 characters long.
- Letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens.
- Start with letters and numbers.
- Managed Identity names must be unique within a resource group.
Consider using names that meet Managed Identity naming requirements. Additionally consider naming resources with a standard naming convention.
This rule does not check if Managed Identity names are unique.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Azure template reference
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types