Use valid AKS cluster DNS prefix#
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster DNS prefix should meet naming requirements.
The DNS prefix for AKS clusters has different requirements then the cluster name. The requirements for DNS prefixes are:
- Between 1 and 54 characters long.
- Alphanumerics and hyphens.
- Start and end with alphanumeric.
Consider using a DNS prefix that meets naming requirements.
- Repeatable infrastructure
- Naming rules and restrictions for Azure resources
- Recommended abbreviations for Azure resource types
- Azure deployment reference