Azure SDK for Python (February 2021)
The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the February 2021 client library release.
- Event Hubs
- Metrics Advisor
- Form Recognizer
- Text Analytics
- Key Vault Administration
- Key Vault Keys
- Azure Communication Identity
- Azure Communication Chat
- Azure EventGrid
- Azure Monitor Opentelemetry Exporter
To install the latest beta version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-eventhub pip install azure-ai-metricsadvisor --pre pip install azure-synapse-managedprivateendpoints pip install azure-synapse-accesscontrol pip install azure-search-documents pip install azure-ai-formrecognizer --pre pip install azure-ai-textanalytics --pre pip install azure-communication-identity pip install azure-communication-chat --pre pip install azure-keyvault-administration --pre pip install azure-keyvault-keys --pre pip install azure-eventgrid --pre pip install azure-monitor-opentelemetry-exporter --pre
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Event Hubs Changelog
- Added a
parse_connection_stringmethod which parses a connection string into a properties bag,
EventHubConnectionStringProperties, containing its component parts.
- The constructor and
EventHubProducerClientnow accept two new optional arguments:
custom_endpoint_addresswhich allows for specifying a custom endpoint to use when communicating with the Event Hubs service, and is useful when your network does not allow communicating to the standard Event Hubs endpoint.
connection_verifywhich allows for specifying the path to the custom CA_BUNDLE file of the SSL certificate which is used to authenticate the identity of the connection endpoint.
- Updated uAMQP dependency to 1.2.14.
Metrics Advisor Changelog
- AAD authentication support
MetricsAdvisorKeyCredentialsupport for rotating the subscription and api keys to update long-lived clients
list_dimension_valueshas been renamed to
- Update methods now return None
- Updated DataFeed.metric_ids to be a dict rather than a list
Access Control Changelog
- Update to API version 2020-08-01
IndexDocumentsBatchdoes not support
enqueue_actionstakes a single action too.
SearchIndexingBufferedSenderis renamed to
SearchClientdoes not support
Form Recognizer Changelog
Appearanceis renamed to
Styleis renamed to
- Client property
api_versionis no longer exposed. Pass keyword argument
api_versioninto the client to select the API version.
Text Analytics Changelog
begin_analyzeand renamed it to
begin_analyze_batch_actions. Now takes as input a list of actions and documents, and returns the outputted actions results in the same order.
begin_analyze_healthcareand renamed it to
begin_analyze_healthcare_entities. To help with navigation of related entities, we have also added property
related_entitiesfor each entity returned from this call.
Azure Communication Administration will be deprecated
- Identity client is moved to new package Azure Communication Identity.
- Phone number administration will be moved into a new package Azure Communication Phone Numbers.
Azure Communication Identity 1.0.0b4 ChangeLog
- Added CommunicationIdentityClient (originally was part of the azure.communication.administration package).
- Added ability to create a user and issue token for it at the same time.
- CommunicationIdentityClient.revoke_tokens now revoke all the currently issued tokens instead of revoking tokens issued prior to a given time.
- CommunicationIdentityClient.issue_tokens returns an instance of
Azure Communication Chat 1.0.0b4 ChangeLog
- Support for CreateChatThreadResult and AddChatParticipantsResult to handle partial errors in batch calls.
- Added idempotency identifier parameter for chat creation calls.
- Added support for readreceipts and getparticipants pagination.
- Added new model for messages anc ontent types : Text, Html, ParticipantAdded, ParticipantRemoved, TopicUpdated.
- Added new model for errors (CommunicationError).
CommunicationIdentifierin place of
- Removed priority field (ChatMessage.Priority).
- Renamed PhoneNumber to PhoneNumberIdentifier.
Key Vault Administration Changelog
KeyVaultAccessControlClientsupports managing custom role definitions
Key Vault Keys Changelog
- Support for Key Vault API version 7.2-preview (#16566)
- Updated default API version to 7.2-preview
Azure Eventgrid 2.0.0b5 Changelog
EventGridSharedAccessSignatureCredentialis deprecated in favor of
azure.eventgrid.modelsnamespace along with all the models in it are now removed.
azure.eventgrid.SystemEventNamescan be used to get the event model type mapping.
topic_hostnameis renamed to
azure.eventgrid.generate_shared_access_signaturemethod is now renamed to
EventGridConsumeris now removed. Please see the samples to see how events can be deserialized.
CustomEventmodel is removed. Dictionaries must be used to send a custom schema.
Azure Monitor Opentelemetry Exporter 1.0.0b3 Changelog
- The package
azure-opentelemetry-exporter-azuremonitorhas been renamed to
ExporterOptionsto favor keyword only args.
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.