The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the October 2020 client library release.
- Management Library - Compute
- Management Library - Network
- Management Library - Resource
- Management Library - Storage
- Management Library - Monitor
- Management Library - AppConfiguration
- Management Library - Event Hubs
- Management Library - KeyVault
- App Configuration
- Key Vault Keys
- Service Bus
- Text Analytics
- Metrics Advisor
- Key Vault Administration
To install the latest beta version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-servicebus --pre pip install azure-search-documents --pre pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install azure-ai-textanalytics --pre pip install azure-ai-metricsadvisor --pre pip install azure-identity pip install azure-keyvault-administration pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-mgmt-compute pip install azure-mgmt-network pip install azure-mgmt-resource pip install azure-mgmt-storage pip install azure-mgmt-monitor pip install azure-mgmt-appconfiguration pip install azure-mgmt-eventhub pip install azure-mgmt-keyvault pip install azure-storage-blob --pre pip install azure-storage-file-datalake --pre pip install azure-storage-file-share --pre pip install azure-storage-queue
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed changelogs are linked from the Quick Links below. Here are some of the highlights:
Service Bus Changelog
- Passing any type other than
receive_modenow throws a
- Administration Client calls now take only entity names, not
<Entity>Descriptionsas well to reduce ambiguity in which entity was being acted on. TypeError will now be thrown on improper parameter types (non-string).
Message.amqp_message) properties are now read-only, changes of these properties would not be reflected in the underlying message. This may be subject to change before GA.
- Added auto_flush_interval support for SearchIndexingBufferedSender
- Renamed SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient to SearchIndexingBufferedSender
- Renamed SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient.add_upload_actions to SearchIndexingBufferedSender.upload_documents
- Renamed SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient.add_delete_actions to SearchIndexingBufferedSender.delete_documents
- Renamed SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient.add_merge_actions to SearchIndexingBufferedSender.merge_documents
- Renamed SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient.add_merge_or_upload_actions to SearchIndexingBufferedSender.merge_or_upload_documents
- Stopped supporting window kwargs for SearchIndexingBufferedSender
- Split kwarg hook into on_new, on_progress, on_error, on_remove for SearchIndexingBufferedSender
Text Analytics Changelog
- Removed extra property
lengthfrom relevant models. Originally, this property represented the length of the
textproperty in those same models. To get the length of the text in these models, just call
len()on the text property.
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug causing tokens acquired from the Azure CLI to have incorrectly long lifetimes
.get_restore_statusenable checking the status of a pending operation by its job ID
KeyVaultAccessControlClient.create_role_assignmentis now an optional keyword-only argument. The client will generate a name for the assignment when one isn’t provided.
- CryptographyClient can perform decrypt and sign operations locally
- Added support for Arrow format (
ArrowType) output serialization using
- Added support for undeleting a container.
- Added support for
LastAccessTimeproperty on a blob, which could be the last time a blob was written or read.
File DataLake Changelog
- Added support for recursive set/update/remove Access Control on a path and sub-paths.
- Added support for setting an expiry on files where the file gets deleted once it expires.
- Added support to generate directory SAS and added support to specify additional user ids and correlation ids for user delegation SAS.
File Share Changelog
- Added support for enabling SMB Multichannel for the share service.
- Added support for leasing a share.
- Added support for getting the range diff between current file and a snapshot as well as getting the diff between two file snapshots.
We are excited to announce the GA releases of management libraries that follow the Azure SDK Design Guidelines for Python. These new libraries provide a number of core capabilities that are shared amongst all Azure SDKs, including the intuitive Azure Identity library, an HTTP Pipeline with custom policies, error-handling, distributed tracing, and much more. Documentation and code samples for these new libraries can be found here
More details of recent management library release annoucements as well as future roadmap can be found at this blog post
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.