The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the October 2020 client library release.
- Azure Identity.
- Azure Metrics Advisor.
- Azure Tables.
- Azure Service Bus.
- Azure Search.
- Azure Storage File Share.
- Azure Storage Data Lake.
- Azure Storage Blob.
To install the packages, copy and paste the below into a terminal.
$> npm install @azure/identity@next $> npm install @azure/ai-metrics-advisor@next $> npm install @azure/data-tables@next $> npm install @azure/service-bus@next $> npm install @azure/search@next $> npm install @azure/storage-blob-changefeed@next $> npm install @azure/storage-queue@next $> npm install @azure/storage-file-share@next $> npm install @azure/storage-datalake@next $> npm install @azure/storage-blob@next
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue at the azure-sdk-for-js repository
Our authentication library is being released with some minor changes and fixes to the existing authentication methods.
New Features on @firstname.lastname@example.org
DefaultAzureCredentialnow by default shows the Device Code message on the console. This can still be overwritten with a custom behavior by specifying a function as the third parameter,
- Added Active Directory Federation Services authority host support to the node credentials.
Major Fixes on @email@example.com
- Added support for multiple clouds on
Azure Metrics Advisor
We’re happy to announce an initial preview of a client library that supports the newly announced preview of the Azure Metrics Advisor service. This library has been designed based on the Azure SDK Design Guidelines for TypeScript to ensure consistency, idiomatic design, and excellent developer experience and productivity.
Features on @firstname.lastname@example.org
- It supports all services APIs, including but not limited to:
- The management of data feeds.
- Configuring anomaly detection and alerting configurations.
- Querying anomaly detection results, for example, incidents, anomalies, alerts, enriched series data, etc.
- Diagnosing incident root causes.
Azure Service Bus
We’re releasing a new preview of our Azure Service Bus library. This includes updates to the message locks and the support of browser authentication through AAD credentials.
New Features on @email@example.com
- Message locks can be auto-renewed in all receive methods (
receiver.getMessageIterator). This can be configured in options when calling
ServiceBusClientnow supports authentication with AAD credentials in the browser (you can use
We’re releasing a new preview of our Azure Tables library. This update adds support for batch operations.
New Features on @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implemented support for batch operations. This allows sending multiple create, delete and update operations in a single atomic transaction.
We’re releasing a new preview of our Azure Search library. This update adds support for batch operations.
New Features on @email@example.com
- Azure Search SDK now supports batching. The document actions (
delete) could be done in batch format with autoFlush set to true or false.
- Azure Search SDK has been regenerated using the latest swaggers. This enables new properties for IndexParameters.
Updated Azure Storage Service API version to 2020-02-10.
New Features on @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added support for Container Soft Delete. Added a new API
BlobServiceClient.undeleteContainer()to restore a previously deleted blob container.
New Features on @email@example.com
- Added support for directory SAS and delegation SAS v2. Now supports generate SAS on directory level. Also added support for
scidfor delegation SAS. See the user delegation SAS document for more details.
- Added support for File Set Expiry. Now can call
DataLakeFileClient.setExpiry()to schedule the deletion of a file.
DataLakePathClient.setAccessControlRecursive()to support setting access control recursively.
New Features on @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added support for Share and Share Snapshot Leases. Now can initialize a
ShareClientto manage leases for a share or share snapshot. Most operations on share now also support lease conditions.
- Added support for Get File Range Diff. Added
ShareFileClient.getRangeListDiff()for getting the list of ranges that differ between a previous share snapshot and the file.
- Added support for Set Share Tier. Added
ShareClient.setAccessTier()for setting the access tier of the share.