The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the September 2020 client library release.
- Form Recognizer
- Key Vault Certificates
- App Configuration
- Event Hubs
- Event Grid
- Key Vault Administration
- Service Bus
- Text Analytics
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-ai-formrecognizer pip install azure-eventgrid --pre pip install azure-identity --pre pip install azure-keyvault-administration pip install azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-search-documents --pre pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install azure-eventhubs pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install azure-data-tables pip install azure-servicebus --pre pip install azure-ai-textanalytics --pre pip install azure-storage-blob pip install azure-storage-blob-changefeed pip install azure-storage-file-datalake pip install azure-storage-queue
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed changelogs are linked from the Quick Links below. Here are some of the highlights:
Form Recognizer Changelog
- Generally available, stable version 3.0.0 released
Event Grid Changelog
- Azure Event Grid v2 preview SDK (v2.0.0b1) is released with support for CloudEvent
- Reintroduced user authentication API from the last beta version (1.4.0b7)
- Added support for ADFS and Subject Name/Issuer authentication
- First beta release with support for role-based access control, full-vault backup, and full-vault restore and selective key restore operations
- Fixed incompatibility issues with API version
- Added azure.search.documents.RequestEntityTooLargeError
- Flush method in BatchClient now will not return until all actions are done
- Removed succeeded_actions & failed_actions from BatchClient
- Removed get_index_document_batching_client from SearchClient
Application Configuration Changelog
- Added match condition support for set_read_only method
Event Hubs Changelog
SharedAccessSignaturesupport to connection strings
Event Hubs CheckpointStoreBlob Changelog
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes a bug that may gradually slow down retrieving checkpoint data if the storage account has “File share soft delete” enabled.
Azure Data Tables Changelog
- Azure Data Tables v2 preview SDK (v12.0.0b1) is released with support for Storage and CosmosDB
Service Bus Changelog
- This release continues to move towards GA. Recommend reading migration guide and full changelog for details.
- Exposes internal AMQP message properties via
- Messages can now be sent twice in succession.
- Connection strings used with
from_connection_stringmethods now support using the
SharedAccessSignaturekey in leiu of
SharedAccessKeyName, taking the string of the properly constructed token as value.
- Broad renames (e.g.
ServiceBusAdministrationClient, etc) to align concepts across language SDKs. Please see changelog for full enumeration.
- Attempting to initialize a sender or receiver with a different connection string entity and specified entity (e.g.
queue_name) will result in an AuthenticationError.
- Attempting to call
send_messageson something not a
BatchMessage, or list of
Messages, will now throw a
- Sending a message twice will no longer result in a MessageAlreadySettled exception.
- No longer export
Text Analytics Changelog
- Defaults to the latest service API version, which currently is
- Added new endpoint
recognize_pii_entities, which returns entities containing personally identifiable information from a batch of documents
- Added support for opinion mining, which is more in-depth sentiment analysis
Azure Storage Blob Changelog
existsmethod to check if a blob exists.
Key Bug Fixes
- Users can now have special characters in their source URLs for
- Fixed SAS credentials URL malformation when using local Azurite container.
- Fixed issue with permission string causing an authentication failure.
Azure Storage Blob Changefeed Changelog
- Change the
continuation tokenfrom a dict to a str.
continuation_tokenare mutually exclusive now
Azure Storage File DataLake Changelog
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixed renaming with SAS string
Azure Storage Queue Changelog
Key Bug Fixes
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.