The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the August 2020 client library release.
- App Configuration
- Text Analytics
- Key Vault
- Cosmos DB
- Service Bus
- Form Recognizer
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install azure-identity pip install azure-ai-textanalytics pip install --pre azure-servicebus pip install azure-ai-formrecognizer pip install --pre azure-search-documents pip install azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-keyvault-secrets pip install azure-cosmos pip install azure-storage-blob pip install azure-storage-file-datalake pip install azure-storage-file-share
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed changelogs are linked from the Quick Links below. Here are some of the highlights:
- User authentication and cache configuration APIs added since 1.4.0b1 have been removed (see the full changelog for details). They will return in 1.5.0b1.
Text Analytics Changelog
- Re-released GA version 1.0.0 under new version 5.0.0
Service Bus Changelog
- This release continues to move towards feature parity with the existing sdk. Recommend reading migration guide and full changelog for details.
- Added properties to Message, PeekMessage and ReceivedMessage such as
delivery_count. Please refer to the docstring for further information, and service bus changelog for full enumeration.
- Added new supported value types int, float, datetime and timedelta for
- Added new properties
- Added an explicit method to fetch the continuous receiving iterator,
max_wait_timecan be specified as an override.
- Added support for sending received messages via
on_lock_renew_failureas a parameter to
AutoLockRenew.register, taking a callback for when the lock is lost non-intentially (e.g. not via settling, shutdown, or autolockrenew duration completion).
- Removed/Renamed several properties and instance variables on Message, PeekMessage, and ReceivedMessage, such as renaming
expired. Please refer to the service bus changelog for a full enumeration.
AutoLockRenew.renew_periodhave been made internal as
_renew_periodrespectively, as it is not expected a user will have to interact with them.
AutoLockRenew.closeto normalize with other equivalent behaviors.
- Management objects have been renamed (e.g.
QueueProperties) and had their method parameters adjusted accordingly, with
create_*now taking a
nameparameter instead of a description object, and
update_*explicitly taking a properties object (as obtained from
get_*) to guard against partial updates. As before, please refer to the official changelog for a more complete enumeration.
max_wait_timeto normalize with naming elsewhere.
- Updated uAMQP dependency to 1.2.10 such that the receiver does not shut down when generator times out, and can be received from again.
Form Recognizer Changelog
- Version of this package bumped to
3.0.0b1and now targets the service’s stable v2.0 API
- Values are now capitalized for enums
- Keyword argument
FormFieldnow has attribute
value_typewhich contains the semantic data type of the field value. The options for
value_typeare described in the enum
- new SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient
SearchIndexDocumentBatchingClient supports handling document indexing actions in an automatic way. It can trigger the flush method automatically based on pending tasks and idle time.
- GA of v12.4.0, includes features from all preview versions
- Added support for Object Replication on
- Added more support for Blob Tags
- Added support to set tier on a snapshot or version
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug when parsing blob url with
/in blob name
- Support batch delete empty blob list
File DataLake Changelog
- GA of v12.1.1, includes features from all preview versions
query_fileAPI to enable users to select/project on DataLake file data by providing simple query expressions.
File Share Changelog
- GA of v12.2.0, includes features from all preview versions.
- Stable release of preview feature
- All Key Vault libraries now target the service’s 7.1 API version
Cosmos DB Changelog
- Added deprecation warning for “lazy” indexing mode. The backend no longer allows creating containers with this mode and will set them to consistent instead.
- Various bug fixes.
- Added the ability to set the analytical storage TTL when creating a new container.
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.