The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the July 2020 client library release.
- Add packages
- Management Library - Compute
- Management Library - Network
- Management Library - Resource
- Management Library - Storage
- Management Library - Monitor
- Management Library - AppConfiguration
- Management Library - Event Hubs
- Management Library - KeyVault
- Service Bus
- Event Hubs
- Form Recognizer
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install --pre azure-mgmt-compute pip install --pre azure-mgmt-network pip install --pre azure-mgmt-resource pip install --pre azure-mgmt-storage pip install --pre azure-mgmt-monitor pip install --pre azure-mgmt-appconfiguration pip install --pre azure-mgmt-eventhub pip install --pre azure-mgmt-keyvault pip install --pre azure-servicebus pip install --pre azure-eventhub pip install azure-ai-formrecognizer pip install --pre azure-identity pip install azure-search-documents pip install --pre azure-storage-blob pip install --pre azure-storage-blob-changefeed pip install --pre azure-storage-file-datalake pip install --pre azure-storage-file-share
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed changelogs are linked from the Quick Links below. Here are some of the highlights:
New Management Libraries
A new set of management libraries that follow the Azure SDK Design Guidelines for Python are now in Public Preview. These new libraries provide a number of core capabilities that are shared amongst all Azure SDKs, including the intuitive Azure Identity library, an HTTP Pipeline with custom policies, error-handling, distributed tracing, and much more. You can find the list of new packages on this page. Documentation and code samples for these new libraries can be found here
Service Bus Changelog
- This release continues to move towards feature parity with the existing sdk. Recommend reading migration guide and full changelog for details.
- Support for management of Topic, Subscription and Rule entities; creation, deletion, and fetching of metadata.
receive()) now supports receiving a batch of messages (
max_batch_size> 1) without the need to set
receive()) no longer raises a
max_batch_sizeis less than the
prefetchparameter set during
- To align better with broader service bus SDK family, renaming:
Event Hubs Changelog
EventHubConsumerClientconstructor accepts two new parameters for the load balancer.
load_balancing_strategy, which can be “greedy” or “balanced”. With greedy strategy, one execution of load balancing will claim as many partitions as required to balance the load whereas with balanced strategy one execution of load balancing will claim at most 1 partition.
partition_ownership_expiration_interval, which allows you to customize the partition ownership expiration for load balancing. A consumer client may lose its owned partitions more often with a smaller expiration interval. But a larger interval may result in idle partitions not being claimed for longer time.
- Added enum class
Form Recognizer Changelog
begin_recognize_receipts_from_urlnow return a list of
- Model and property renaming detailed in changelog
AzureCliCredential, which authenticates as the identity signed in to the Azure CLI
VSCodeCredential, which authenticates as the user signed in to Visual Studio Code’s Azure Account extension.
- The optional persistent cache for
InteractiveBrowserCredentialis supported on Linux and macOS.
Exposed more models:
query_blobAPI to enable users to select/project on block blob or block blob snapshot data by providing simple query expressions
- Added blob versioning feature, so that every time there is a blob override the
version_idwill be updated automatically and returned in the response, the
version_idcould be used later to refer to the overwritten blob
find_blobs_by_tagsto acquire blobs based on blob tags
- Block size is increased to 4GB at maximum, max single put size is increased to 5GB
Blob ChangeFeed Changelog
- Added a preview version of this library to support change feed
File DataLake Changelog
- Block size is increased to 4 GB max and max single put increased to 5 GB
File Share Changelog
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.