The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the April 2020 client library GA release.
This release includes the following:
- Text Analytics
- Service Bus
- Event Hubs
- Search Documents
- Form Recognizer
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install --pre azure-eventhub pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install azure-storage-blob pip install azure-storage-file-datalake pip install azure-storage-file-share pip install azure-storage-queue pip install azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-keyvault-secrets pip install --pre azure-identity pip install --pre azure-ai-textanalytics pip install --pre azure-search-documents pip install --pre azure-servicebus pip install azure-ai-formrecognizer
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
Text Analytics Changelog
- We are no longer supporting the
recognize_pii_entitiesendpoint for this release
- We are removing
TextAnalyticsApiKeyCredentialand are now using
AzureKeyCredentialfrom azure.core.credentials as our API key credential.
Service Bus Changelog
- This release simplifies the client hierarchy and many common flows, such as spawning senders and receivers directly from the
ServiceBusClient. Recommend reading migration guide and full changelog for details.
- Support for Azure Identity based authentication.
- Exception hierarchy has been overhauled and made more precise to better denote failure reasons.
- Batch creation is now initiated off of the sender via
- Users should be aware that this is a preview release with only support for queues, full featureset will be included in upcoming previews.
Event Hubs Changelog
EventHubConsumerClient.receive_batch()to receive and process events in batches instead of one by one. #9184
EventHubConsumerCliuent.receive()has a new param
on_eventis called every
max_wait_timewhen no events are received and
- Param event of
PartitionContext.update_checkpointis now optional. The last received event is used when param event is not passed in.
EventData.system_propertieshas added missing properties when consuming messages from IoT Hub. #10408
Search Documents Changelog
- Added index service client
- Accepted an array of
SearchApiKeyCredentialand now using
AzureKeyCredentialfrom azure.core.credentials as key credential
get_tokenmethods consistently require at least one scope argument, raising an error when none is passed. Although
get_token()may sometimes have succeeded in prior versions, it couldn’t do so consistently because its behavior was undefined, and dependened on the credential’s type and internal state.
- The host of the Active Directory endpoint credentials should use can be set in the environment variable
azure.identity.KnownAuthoritiesfor a list of common values.
Form Recognizer Changelog
- The first preview with new API design for the Azure Cognitive Services Form Recognizer client library
- New namespace/package
azure-ai-formrecognizerwhich replaces the package
FormRecognizerClientto analyze custom forms, receipts, and form content/layout
FormTrainingClientto train custom models (with/without labels), and manage the custom models on your account
- Asynchronous APIs added under
- Authentication with API key supported using
- For stream methods,
content-typeis automatically detected
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.