The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the April 2020 client library release.
- Updates for Core libraries
- Update for Azure Event Hubs
- New preview for Azure Text Analytics
- New preview of Azure Cognitive Search
- New preview of Azure Identity
- Initial preview of Azure Service Bus v7
To install the packages, copy and paste the below into a terminal.
$> npm install @azure/event-hubs $> npm install @azure/ai-text-analytics $> npm install @azure/identity $> npm install @azure/search-documents $> npm install @azure/service-bus@next
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue at the azure-sdk-for-js repository
Detailed change logs for each of the libraries can be found in the source repository linked to in the Quick Links table. Below are some noteworthy changes in the current release.
AzureKeyCredentialand its respective request policy.
@azure/core-http- improve cross-version compatibility by adding new interfaces
- Additional known AMQP message properties are now accessible on received events’
- [Breaking] Removed PII entity detection methods from
TextAnalyticsClientas well as all associated samples and documentation.
- [Breaking] Replaced
AzureKeyCredential(re-exported through this package from
- [Breaking] Package renamed to
@azure/search-documentsand version number reset to
- Support for index management operations using the
SearchIndexClientnow takes an
IndexDocumentsBatchobject instead of a raw action array. This new type helps compose an array of actions to be performed on the index.
- [Breaking] In
SearchIndexClient, removed options
mergeDocumentsand replaced them with new helper
- The type
IndexActionwas renamed to
- [Breaking] Removed
SearchApiKeyCredentialand replaced with
- [Breaking] Search results accessed
byPagenow have an opaque
continuationTokenin place of
- Add support of authentication using Visual Studio Code credentials.
- Initial preview of Azure Service Bus client library version 7.
- This version of library has been designed based on the Azure SDK Design Guidelines for TypeScript to ensure consistency, idiomatic design, and excellent developer experience and productivity.