The Azure SDK team is pleased to announce our April 2020 client library releases.
- Key Vault
- Event Hubs
- Form Recognizer
- Service Bus
- Text Analytics
To install any of our packages, please search for them via
Manage NuGet Packages... in Visual Studio (with
Include prerelease checked) or copy these commands into your terminal:
$> dotnet add package Azure.AI.FormRecognizer --version 1.0.0-preview.1 $> dotnet add package Azure.AI.TextAnalytics --version 1.0.0-preview.4 $> dotnet add package Azure.Identity --version 1.2.0-preview.2 $> dotnet add package Azure.Messaging.EventHubs --version 5.1.0-preview.1 $> dotnet add package Azure.Messaging.EventHubs.Processor --version 5.1.0-preview.1 $> dotnet add package Azure.Messaging.ServiceBus --version 7.0.0-preview.1 $> dotnet add package Azure.Search.Documents --version 1.0.0-preview.2 $> dotnet add package Azure.Security.KeyVault.Certificates --version 4.0.2 $> dotnet add package Azure.Security.KeyVault.Keys --version 4.0.3 $> dotnet add package Azure.Security.KeyVault.Secrets --version 4.0.3 $> dotnet add package Azure.Storage.Blobs $> dotnet add package Azure.Storage.Common $> dotnet add package Azure.Storage.Files.DataLake
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please file an issue in our repo.
Detailed changelogs are linked from the Quick Links below. Here are some of the highlights:
AzureKeyCredentialand its respective policy.
- Response trace messages are properly identified.
- Content type “application/x-www-form-urlencoded” is decoded in trace messages.
Form Recognizer Changelog
- The first preview Azure Form Recognizer client library that follows the .NET Azure SDK Design Guidelines.
- This library replaces the package
- This library supports only the Form Recognizer Service v2.0-preview API.
- Two client design:
FormRecognizerClientto recognize and extract fields/values on custom forms, receipts, and form content/layout.
FormTrainingClientto train custom models, and manage the custom models on your resource account.
DefaultAzureCredentialto enable authenticating through Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
Event Hubs Changelog
A new primitive,
EventProcessor<TPartition>, has been implemented to serve as an extensibility point for creating a custom event processor instance. More detail can be found in the design proposal.
A new primitive,
PartitionProcessor, has been implemented to serve as a low-level means of reading batches of events from a single partition with greater control over network configuration. More detail can be found in the design proposal.
Event Hubs Processor Changelog
EventProcessorClienthas been enhanced to derive from the new
EventProcessor<TPartition>primitive, brining improvements to stability, resilience, and performance.
- Fixed concurrency issue in our challenge-based authentication policy (#9737)
- Renamed to
Azure.Search.Documents(assembly, namespace, and package)
- Added support for creating and managing Search Indexes
Azure Storage Blob Changelog
- The new 12.4.1 release contains various bug fixes and improvements to the library
Azure Storage Files DataLake Changelog
- Fixed bugs where exceptions were thrown
Azure Storage Common Changelog
- This release contains bug fixes to improve quality
Service Bus Changelog
- Initial preview of the Azure.Messaging.ServiceBus library enabling you to send/receive/settle messages from queues/topics and session support.
Text Analytics Changelog
- Remove the
RecognizePiiEntitiesendpoint and all related models.
- Add mock support for the Text Analytics client with respective samples.
- Add integration for ASP.NET Core.
View all the latest versions of .NET packages here.