The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the March 2020 client library GA release.
This release includes the following:
- Key Vault
- Event Hubs
- Storage DataLake
- Text Analytics
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install azure-eventhub pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob pip install azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install azure-storage-blob pip install azure-storage-file-datalake pip install azure-storage-file-share pip install azure-storage-queue pip install azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-keyvault-secrets pip install --pre azure-identity pip install --pre azure-ai-textanalytics pip install --pre azure-search
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
- Sockets opened by a client can be closed by calling the client’s
closemethod, or using the client as a context manager
Event Hubs Changelog
- Fixed a bug that swallowed errors when receiving events with azure.eventhub.EventHubConsumerClient #9660
- Fixed a bug that caused get_eventhub_properties, get_partition_ids, and get_partition_properties to raise an error on Azure Stack #9920
Event Hubs CheckpointStoreBlob Changelog
- Param api_version of BlobCheckpointStore now supports older versions of Azure Storage Service API.
Text Analytics Changelog
country_hintto not use the default of
languageare now passed as keyword arguments
DefaultAzureCredentialcan authenticate with the identity logged in to the Azure CLI.
- (Preview) Initial release of Python SDK for Azure Cognitive Search
Storage File Datalake Changelog
- This library is now Generally Available.
DataLakeFileClientto support bulk upload.
- There have been some breaking changes in the APIs which you can explore in the changelog.
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.