The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the January 2020 client library GA release. This GA release includes new and updated client libraries for App Configuration, Identity, Key Vault (keys, secrets and certificates), Event Hubs and Storage (Blobs, Queues, and File share). Some of the libraries are released as preview such as Text Analytics, and Storage Datalake.
This release includes the following:
- App Configuration
- Event Hubs
- Storage (Blobs, Queues, File Shares)
- Key Vault (Certificates, Secrets, Keys)
- Text Analytics
- Storage (Data Lake)
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install azure-appconfiguration pip install --pre azure-eventhub pip install --pre azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install azure-storage-blob pip install --pre azure-storage-file-datalake pip install --pre azure-storage-file-share pip install azure-storage-queue pip install azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-keyvault-secrets pip install azure-identity pip install --pre azure-ai-textanalytics
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
- Add AAD auth support
- Added support for tracing (issue #7153).
- Added new boolean type parameter
- Added new property
last_enqueued_event_propertiesof EventHubConsumer which contains
- Removed support for IoT Hub direct connection. EventHubs compatible connection string of an IoT Hub can be used to create EventHubClient and read properties or events from an IoT Hub.
- Removed support for sending EventData to IoT Hub.
- Removed parameter exception in method
close()of EventHubConsumer and EventHubProcuer.
- The first preview for azure-storage-file-datalake has been released to allow accessing Azure Storage data with DataLake semantics when hierarchical namespace is enabled
- The package is renamed from
azure-storage-file-sharealong with renamed client modules.
- The package is renamed from
- New API for stream download responses for blobs and files. This object is no longer iterable.
- Client and model modules are now internal.
- Changed optional params to keyword only in queues and files.
enqueue_messageis now called
- Other breaking changes like renaming
LeaseClientin blobs to
Key Vault (Keys, Secrets, and Certificates)
- GA release of certificates
- An async credential’s transport session can be closed by using the credential as an async context manager (
async with) or calling its
- The first preview with new API design for the azure-ai-textanalytics client library
- New APIs include
recognize_pii_entities, and an improved version of
- New underlying REST pipeline implementation based on the
- Authentication with subscription key or Azure Active Directory supported
- Module-level, single text operations provided for performing analysis on a single string
- Asynchronous API operations added under
- New input types allow user to provide a list of strings as the input documents
- Responses now consist of a heterogeneous list of results and document errors returned in the order of the provided documents
- Keyword argument
model_versioncan be used to specify the model version used to analyze documents
- Keyword arguments
default_languageallow users to specify the defaults at client instantiation
View all the latest versions of Python packages here.