The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the December 2019 client library release. This represents the sixth release of the ground-up rewrite of the client libraries to ensure consistency, idiomatic design, and excellent developer experience and productivity. This release includes
- patch updates to existing libraries for Identity, Key Vault (keys and secrets) and Storage (blobs and queues)
- new preview for Event Hubs and Keyvault Certificates
- new library for Storage File Shares
To install the packages, copy and paste the below into a terminal.
$> npm install @email@example.com $> npm install @azure/keyvault-keys $> npm install @azure/keyvault-secrets $> npm install @firstname.lastname@example.org $> npm install @azure/storage-blob $> npm install @azure/storage-queue $> npm install @azure/storage-file-share $> npm install @email@example.com $> npm install @firstname.lastname@example.org $> npm install @azure/identity
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue at the azure-sdk-for-js repository
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
The latest preview of the
@azure/app-configuration package now supports credential objects from the
@azure/storage-file-share package has moved from preview to stable stage.
Please note that this package replaces the previous
The latest preview for the
@azure/event-hubs package has built on top of the previous preview with slight API improvements
across the board.
- To send events to a particular partition, the partition id is to be passed to the
createBatchmethod instead of
- The interfaces used by the checkpoint store have been updated to remove overlap between
Checkpoint. Therefore, if you have been using the
@azure/eventhubs-checkpointstore-blobpackage to take advantage of the load balancing and checkpointing features, you will need to update it to the latest version as well.
- Checkpoint store is now meant to be passed to the constructor of the
EventHubConsumerClientclass rather than the
subscribe()method on it.