The Azure SDK team is pleased to announce our November 2019 client library releases. This represents the first GA release of a ground-up rewrite of our client libraries to ensure consistency, idiomatic design, productivity, and an excellent developer experience.
This release includes the following:
- Storage (Blobs, Queues)
- Key Vault (Secrets, Keys)
- Storage (Files)
- Event Hubs
- App Configuration
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install --pre azure-cosmos pip install --pre azure-eventhub pip install --pre azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install --pre azure-keyvault-certificates pip install azure-keyvault-keys pip install azure-keyvault-secrets pip install azure-storage-blob pip install --pre azure-storage-file-datalake pip install --pre azure-storage-file-share pip install azure-storage-queue pip install --pre azure-appconfiguration pip install azure-identity
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
- azure.cosmos.errors module deprecated and replaced by azure.cosmos.exceptions
- The access condition parameters (
if_none_match) have been deprecated in favor of separate
- Added query Distinct, Offset and Limit support.
- Added support for tracing (issue #7153).
- Added new boolean type parameter
- Added new property
last_enqueued_event_propertiesof EventHubConsumer which contains
- Removed support for IoT Hub direct connection. EventHubs compatible connection string of an IoT Hub can be used to create EventHubClient and read properties or events from an IoT Hub.
- Removed support for sending EventData to IoT Hub.
- Removed parameter exception in method
close()of EventHubConsumer and EventHubProcuer.
- Restructured the
Secretmodels and renamed them to
- Renamed methods to more clearly reflect their intended uses.
- Both async and sync versions of deleting and recovering keys and secrets now return pollers that can be awaited if necessary
- For more specific details about these changes, see the respective certificate, key, and secret changelogs.
- The first preview for azure-storage-file-datalake has been released to allow accessing Azure Storage data with DataLake semantics when hierarchical namespace is enabled
- The package is renamed from
azure-storage-file-sharealong with renamed client modules.
- The package is renamed from
- New API for stream download responses for blobs and files. This object is no longer iterable.
- Client and model modules are now internal.
- Changed optional params to keyword only in queues and files.
enqueue_messageis now called
- Other breaking changes like renaming
LeaseClientin blobs to
- Etag and match_condition of delete_configuration_setting are now keyword argument only
authoritykeyword argument, enabling its use in national clouds
- All credentials with
client_idpositional parameters now accept them in that order
- Optional parameters for several credentials are now keyword arguments
- Authenticating with a single sign-on shared with other Microsoft applications only requires a username when multiple users have signed in
- Async credentials default to aiohttp for transport
- Known issue (#8292):
SharedTokenCredentialraise exceptions on Python 3.8 on Windows