What's an AMA session?We'll have folks from across the Azure Functions engineering team available to answer any questions you have. You can ask us anything about our products, services, roadmap, new features or even about our team!
Why are you doing an AMA?We love reaching out and learning from our customers and community. We want to know how you use Azure in general and Functions specifically and how your experience has been. Your questions provide insights into how we can make the service even better.
How do I ask questions on Twitter?
Just use the hashtag #FunctionsAMA in your tweet to @AzureFunctions or @AzureSupport and we will record the rest. The doors open to the community to start posting questions to the #FunctionsAMA 24 hours prior to the AMA (Wednesday Oct 10th at 9am PST). The questions will be recorded, and will be answered on the day of the AMA. This is to allow customers in different time zones or who can’t attend the event to ask their questions and get answers directly from the Azure Functions team. You can catch us for a live conversation on Oct 11th, 2018 from 9am to 11am PST. If there are follow-ups, we will continue the dialogue post AMA. Go ahead and tweet to us!
Who will be there?You, of course! We'll also have Program Managers and Developers from the Functions engineering team participating, pulling in specific people depending on the topics. Have any questions about the following topics? Bring them to the AMA.
- Getting started with Serverless.
- Deciding between hosting Functions in a consumption or dedicated plan.
- Functions runtime 2.0.
- Consumption plan on Linux (preview).
- Hosting Functions in containers.
- Bindings and Triggers connecting to other services.
- Scaling operations.
- Monitoring and debugging Functions.
- Where to develop Functions.
- Best practice.
- Much, much more!
Why should I ask questions here instead of StackOverflow or MSDN? Can I really ask anything?An AMA is a great place to ask us anything. StackOverflow and MSDN have restrictions on which questions can be asked. With an AMA, you’ll get answers directly from the team and have a conversation with the people who build these products and services. Here are some question ideas:
- What is Serverless? What is Functions?
- What are the benefits of Serverless in comparison with IaaS?
- How do I manage access control to my resources?
- How many functions should I host in each Function app?
- How do I monitor the health of my functions?
- How do I diagnose issues that I suspect are happening with my functions' health?
- What is the Azure Functions Premium plan?
- When to choose between Durable Functions and Logic Apps? Between Functions and Logic Apps?
- Does Serverless really mean the lack or Servers? What is this madness??