- No gateway is required to use the new VNet Integration feature
- You can access resources across ExpressRoute connections without any additional configuration beyond integrating with the ExpressRoute connected VNet.
- The app and the VNet must be in the same region
- The new feature requires an unused subnet in your Resource Manager VNet.
- Your App Service plan must be a Standard, Premium or PremiumV2 plan
- The new capability is only available from newer Azure App Service scale units. The VNet Integration UI in the portal will tell you if your app can use the new VNet Integration feature.
- Production workloads are not supported on the new feature while it is in Preview
- Your app must be in an Azure App Service deployment that is capable of scaling up to Premium v2.
- The new VNet Integration feature does not work for apps in an App Service Environment.
- The new VNet Integration feature currently works just with Windows apps.
Christina Compy (MSFT)
We are happy to announce a new version of the VNet Integration capability that enables access to resources across Service Endpoints or ExpressRoute connections. Like the pre-existing VNet Integration feature, this only enables your app to make calls into your VNet. It does not affect inbound traffic to your app. This feature is in Preview in all public regions. The new VNet Integration capability has the following characteristics.