The Azure App service team will host a special Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on Twitter, Wednesday, August 22, 2018
from 9 AM to 11 AM PST.
You can tweet to @AzureSupport
with your questions about the service.
What's an AMA session?
We'll have folks from across the Azure App Service engineering team available to answer any questions you have. You can ask us anything about our products, services, roadmap, new features or even about our team!
Why are you doing an AMA?
We love reaching out and learning from our customers and community. We want to know how you use Azure in general and App Service specifically and how your experience has been. Your questions provide insights into how we can make the service even better.
How do I ask questions on Twitter?
Just use the hashtag #AppServiceAMA
in your tweet to @AzureSupport
and we will record the rest. The doors open to the community to start posting questions to the #AppServiceAMA 24 hours prior to the AMA (Tues Aug 21st at 9am PST
). The questions will be recorded, and will be answered on the day of the AMA. This is to allow customers in different time zones or who can’t attend the event to ask their questions and get answers directly from the Azure App Service team. You can catch us for a live conversation on Aug 22, 2018 from 9am to 11am PST
. If there are follow-ups, we will continue the dialogue post AMA. Go ahead and tweet to us!
Who will be there?
You, of course!
We'll also have Program Managers and Developers from the App Service engineering team participating, pulling in specific people depending on the topics.
Have any questions about the following topics? Bring them to the AMA.
- App Service Environment
- App Service on Linux / Web App for Containers
- Multi-Containers in App Service
- App Service Diagnostics
- Best practice for high traffic resiliency
- Scaling App Service Plans / Autoscale
- Networking and Isolation
- Deploying App Service
- Deployment slots, when to use and how
- Much, much more!
Why should I ask questions here instead of StackOverflow or MSDN? Can I really ask anything?
An AMA is a great place to ask us anything. StackOverflow and MSDN have restrictions on which questions can be asked. With an AMA, you’ll get answers directly from the team and have a conversation with the people who build these products and services.
Here are some question ideas:
- What is App Service?
- What are the benefits of PaaS in comparison with IaaS?
- How do I manage access control to my resources?
- How many apps can I host on each App Service Plan?
- How do I monitor the health of the traffic to my apps?
- How do I solve issues that may happen with my app and its resources?
- How can I isolate the traffic to my app?
- How do I autoscale my app and how does affect billing?
- How is life in Seattle? Does it really rain all the time?
Go ahead, ask us anything about our public products or the team. Please note, we cannot comment on unreleased features and future plans and issues which require deep level debugging.
We're looking forward to having a conversation with you!