The Azure SDK team is pleased to make available the September 2019 client library preview release. This represents the first release of the ground-up rewrite of the client libraries to ensure consistency, idiomatic design, and excellent developer experience and productivity. This preview release includes new client libraries for Azure Cosmos, Identity, Key Vault (certificates, keys and secrets), Event Hubs, and Storage (blob, files and queues).
To install the latest preview version of the packages, copy and paste the following commands into a terminal:
pip install --pre azure-cosmos pip install --pre azure-eventhub pip install --pre azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aio pip install --pre azure-keyvault-certificates pip install --pre azure-keyvault-keys pip install --pre azure-keyvault-secrets pip install --pre azure-storage-blob pip install --pre azure-storage-file pip install --pre azure-storage-queue pip install --pre azure-appconfiguration pip install --pre azure-identity
If you have a bug or feature request for one of the libraries, please post an issue to GitHub.
Detailed change logs are linked to in the Quick Links below. Here are some critical call outs.
- The client connection has been adapted to consume the HTTP pipeline defined in
- The constructor of
CosmosClienthas been updated.
- The interactive objects (
Databaseetc) have been renamed with a
read_all_databases) have been renamed to list operations (e.g.
- A new connection string constructor has been added to
- All operations that take
feed_optionsparameters, these have been moved to keyword only parameters.
- A new error hierarchy that now inherits from
- First release of
azure-eventhub-checkpointstoreblob-aiousing Azure Blob Storage to save checkpoint data.
- Removed constructor method of
- Updated all methods of
PartitionContextas part of the arguments.
- Updated accessibility of most class members in
EventHub/EventHubConsumer/EventHubProducerto be private.
aiopackage, which now becomes
- Added property
- Release of
azure-keyvault-certificatessupporting the certificates API
CryptographyClientcan perform encrypt/verify/wrap operations locally
- Added support for client provided encryption key to numerous APIs.
- Added support for
- Added SAS support for snapshot and identity.
- Added upload_range_from_url API to write the bytes from one Azure File endpoint into the specified range of another Azure File endpoint.
- Added optional parameters for smb properties related parameters for create_file, create_directory related APIs and set_http_headers API.
- Added a new credential type enabling shared sign-on with other Microsoft applications running on Windows, such as Visual Studio.
See Nov Release