Welcome to the
Kick-off Post for #30DaysOfCloudNative - one of the core initiatives within #CloudNativeNewYear! Over the next four weeks, join us as we take you from fundamentals to functional usage of Cloud-native technologies, one blog post at a time! Read on to learn a little bit about this initiative and what you can expect to learn from this journey!
What We'll Cover
- What is Cloud-native New Year? (3 initiatives)
- How can I skill up (30 days)
- Who is behind this? (Team Contributors)
- Exercise: Take the Cloud Skills Challenge!
- Resources: #30DaysOfCloudNative Collection.
Week 01 of 🥳 #CloudNativeNewYear ! Today, we kick off a full month of content and activities to skill you up on all things Cloud-native on Azure with content, events, and community interactions! Read on to learn about what we have planned!
Explore our initiatives
We have a number of initiatives planned for the month to help you learn and skill up on relevant technologies. Click on the links to visit the relevant pages for each.
- #30DaysOfCloudNative - 4 themed weeks of daily articles in a structured roadmap
- Cloud Skills Challenge - skill up by competing with peers to complete modules
- Ask The Expert - watch the recorded Q&A sessions with Product Engineering teams
We'll go into more details about #30DaysOfCloudNative in this post - don't forget to subscribe to the blog to get daily posts delivered directly to your preferred feed reader!
Register for events!
What are 3 things you can do today, to jumpstart your learning journey?
- Register for live Q&A sessions (free, online)
- Register for the Cloud Skills Challenge - 30 days to complete it!
#30DaysOfCloudNative is a month-long series of daily blog posts grouped into 4 themed weeks - taking you from core concepts to end-to-end solution examples in 30 days. Each article will be short (5-8 mins reading time) and provide exercises and resources to help you reinforce learnings and take next steps.
This series focuses on the Cloud-native On Azure learning journey in four stages, each building on the previous week to help you skill up in a beginner-friendly way:
- Week 1: Get started with Cloud-native Concepts
- Week 2: Build & deploy Kubernetes Apps on cloud.
- Week 3: Migrate your applications to Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Week 4: Go from Code to Containers to Cloud with Cloud-native solutions
We have a tentative weekly-themed roadmap for the topics we hope to cover and will keep this updated as we go with links to actual articles as they get published.
Here's a sneak peek at the week 1 schedule. We'll start with a broad review of cloud-native fundamentals and walkthrough the core concepts of microservices, containers and Kubernetes.
- Jan 23: Learn Core Concepts for Cloud-native
- Jan 24: Container 101
- Jan 25: Adopting Microservices with Kubernetes
- Jan 26: Kubernetes 101
- Jan 27: Exploring your Cloud Native Options
Let's Get Started!
Now you know everything! We hope you are as excited as we are to dive into a full month of active learning and doing! Don't forget to subscribe for updates in your favorite feed reader! And look out for our first Cloud-native Fundamentals post on January 23rd!