Brigade at a glance
Brigade is a Kubernetes-native tool for doing event-driven scripting. Here’s what that means:
- Brigade is for running scriptable automated tasks in the cloud.
- Brigade does not require you to manage host servers.
- Brigade is particularly well suited for CI and CD workloads such as:
- Automated testing
- GitHub hook integration
- Building artifacts and releases
- Managing deployments
- Brigade is built directly on Kubernetes APIs, which means…
- You can deploy Brigade onto any stock Kubernetes system, from Azure to Minikube
- You can monitor Brigade and its jobs using Kubernetes tools (or with Brigade’s own tools, of course)
- Brigade uses Kubernetes resource types
- Brigade can be deployed and managed with
- Brigade can easily be integrated with
- Brigade uses technologies designed to make builds easy:
- Encapsulate build steps in Docker images. Or better yet, just use off-the-shelf Docker images.
Brigade is designed for teams. It is not a SaaS, nor does it require a legion of domain experts to configure and run it. Instead, it should be easy to install, configure, and maintain.
Prev: Docs Index
| Next: Quickstart Guide