Knowledge Mining Bootcamp - Build a Cognitive Search Solution for business documents using Microsoft AI Platform
About this course
In this course, you will create an enterprise search solution by applying knowledge mining to business documents like contracts, memos, presentations and images. You will use Microsoft Azure AI technology to extract insights from unstructured data and expose the results in a Bot interface.
This training is two days long, but you can compress the duration with alternative agendas.
At the end of this training you will have learned:
- What Azure Cognitive Search is
- How to implement a Cognitive Search Solution
- Why this technology can be useful for any company
- When to use this solution for demos, POCs and other business scenarios
The hands-on labs will teach you how to use Microsoft Azure Search combined with Microsoft Cognitive Services for entity recognition, image analysis, text translation and indexed search on enterprise business documents. This approach uses Artificial Intelligence to create an advanced search experience.
While this course focuses on Azure Cognitive Search capabilities, an in-depth course on building Bots and integrating various Azure Cognitive Services is available here - Azure Cognitive Services Bootcamp.
In this course we will cover these key concepts:
Fundamentals of Azure Cognitive Search and its capabilities
Knowledge Mininig business scenarios
Building an enrichment data pipeline for search using predefined and custom skillsets:
- Text skills like entity recognition, language detection, text manipulation and key phrase extraction
- Image skills like OCR
- Content moderation skills to detect documents with incompliant content
Use the enriched data for an advanced search experience for business documents within an enterprise.
Expose the knowledge mining solution using a bot interface for document search and consumption.
Intelligent search is relevant to many major industries. Some are listed below.
Retail and health care industries employ chatbots with advanced multi-language support capabilities to service their customers.
Retail, Housing and Automotive industries for sales/listing.
Law firms and legal departments can use this technology to enforce compliance or improve search capabilities.
- Fundamental working knowledge of Azure Portal, Azure Functions and Azure Cognitive Search
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and minimum C# knowledge
- Familiarity with Azure Bots and Microsoft Bot Framework v4
- Familiarity with Postman
If you do not have any of the above pre-requisites, please find below links
- To Read (10 minutes): Visual Studio Tutorial
- To Read (8 minutes): Azure Bot Service Overview
- To Read (4 minutes): Azure Functions Overview
- To Read (10 minutes): Azure Cognitive Search Overview
- To Read (7 minutes): Postman Tutorial
- To Do (30 minutes): C# Quickstart
Pre-Setup before you attend the class Mandatory
- To Create: You need a Microsoft Azure account to create the services we use in our solution. You can create a free account, use your MSDN account or any other subscription where you have permission to create services
- To Install: Visual Studio 2019 or later, including the Azure development workload
- To Install: Postman. To call the labs APIs
- To Install: Bot Emulator, use the ‘.exe’ file from release 4.1.0 or newer
- To Install: Git for Windows or any other git app you prefer
Primary Audience: Azure AI Developers, Solution Architects. Secondary Audience: Any professional interested in learning AI.
This content is designed as an intermediate to advanced level course for AI developers and/or architects.
This course, in its full form, is designed to be taught in-person but you can also use the materials in a self-paced fashion. There are assignments and multiple reference links throughout the materials that support the concepts and skills you will learn.
Full Course classroom training: 16 hours
Introduction – Presentation overview of Azure Search, Cognitive Search, business scenarios and industry specific applications.
Architecture – Solution Architecture for building enterprise search solution.
Lab 1 - Environment Creation
Lab 2 - Indexing Blob Storage
Lab 3 - Text Skills
Lab 4 – Image Skills
Lab 5 - Custom Skills
Lab 6 - Build and Integrate a Bot with the Search API
Lab 7 - Architecture Design Session + Hackathon
Note: Once you’ve completed the labs, we recommend deleting the resource group (and all the resources in it) to avoid incurring extra charges, unless you want to use this solution as a tool for demos and POCs.
Useful Links - ACE Team Blog
Useful Links - Certifications
The LearnAI team had intense participation in the creation of the following new Microsoft certifications and its required tests:
- Azure Data Engineer
- DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution
- DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solutions
- Azure AI Engineer
- AI-100: Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution
- Azure Data Scientist
- DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure
Cognitive Services Compliance
Click here to learn how Microsoft Cognitive Services handle your data.
Q&A and Survey
Please help the LearnAI Team with questions and feedback about this training.